Monday, November 20, 2006

Gratiude....what I am thankful for

 

What am I thankful for?I know I am thankful for so many things in my life,it may seem hard right now for me to do this,but,I am,I am thankful for the life that God gave me,even that is hard for me to say,but I am thankful.I am thankful,He died on the cross to save us from our sins.He gave us so much in life,that alot of times we forget,when it comes around Thanksgiving,that shouldnt be the only time to be thankful for so many things.Thanksgiving is my most favorite time of the year,its not just eating food,its being with your family,your loved ones.Thats whats all about.Before preparing thanksgiving dinner at the table,your just having so much fun with your family,your necies and nephews.The laughter is filling in the air with smiles on there faces.The house is all cozy and warm,everyone talking,watching football or movies.everyone helping everyone get the table together with all the yummys of the food.Imigin the food,the turkey,sturring,mash patoes,sweet patoes,coleslaw,cranberry sauce,rolls,a basket of pretty fruit in the middle of the table.The table itself looking so pretty,decorated,napkins,plates,cups,forks,knifes,ect,looking  like Thanksgiivng.Waiting so patiencly for it all to be ready.When its ready,we all gather around to sitting down at the table.My Brother N law Bill says grace and what we are all thakful for,still the smiles remain.Than its time to dig in.Thanksgiving in my house,when I was younger,was always a time to remember,everyone gathering around together,still like today.Spending time with family,loved ones,thats all that matters,thats all that should matter.We thank God for what He gave us.This is alot to be thankful for.I am thankful for my family,my friends,my job,my coworkers,my health,health insurance,the colthes on my back,the roof over my head.I am thankful for people in my life always helping me,always being there for me when I need them.God has made this possible,He made this for us,for us all to come together at one,to spend time together,just loving eachother,caring and sharing for one another,lending a helping hand.I thank you God for all that you have given me in my life.Thank you for doing all that you have done.I cant say enough of what you have given to me.I have a good life,I am happy,I am alive,I am here.I am thankful for my J-landers who I have come to know and getting to know alot.Thank you for this day,for Thanksgiving,not just Thanksgiving,but everyday that I am alive and well.Thank you for my friends and familys life,that they are alive and well to.Thank you.This is what I am thankful for.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You pretty much covered it all, Mandy!  It is good to be thankful, not just today, but everyday!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

You know something Mandy??? You said it all....and you are sooooooooo right! It was very beautifully written too.
love ya,
carlene
p.s.
I am thankful to have gotten to meet you here too!

Anonymous said...

lots to be thankful for--hope your year continues with lots of blessings
((((((((((((((((((((((((amanda)))))))))))))

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful thanksgiving.  Hugs. Terry x

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family you have...loved all the photos...may you have a very special Thanksgiving and enjoy family time!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

wonderful looking family. hope your thanksgiving is extra special. (((((hugs)))))
Cindy