Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Comming up with subject linners,thats hard.lol.

                                                        

Hi everyone,I know I been playing around with the colors alot.lol.So,I am sticking to this one for now.I wanted to add this poem,I read in my devtions I get everyday,thought,it would be inspring.Hope you all have a good evening.Be Blessed.Thank you all for you wodnerful added comments about how I should keep my journal.I am feeling some better,since I met with my new therepyst yesterday.She is very nice.It helps to talk and get thigns out.Cya later gator.lol.

 By: TxBirdie

 
 
<?xml:namespace prefix = v />This is beautiful - and it is surely worth making the 5 finger prayer a part of our lives.


1.
Your thumb is nearest you. So begin your prayers by praying for those closest to you. They are the easiest to remember To pray for our loved ones is, as C. S. Lewis once said, a "sweet duty."

2. The
next finger is the pointing finger. Pray for those who teach, instruct and heal. This includes teachers, doctors, and ministers. They need support and wisdom in pointing others in the right direction. Keep them in your prayers.

3. The
next finger is the tallest finger. It reminds us of our leaders. Pray for the president, leaders in business and industry, and administrators. These people shape our nation and guide public opinion. They need God's guidance.

4. The
fourth finger is our ring finger. Surprising to many is the fact that this is our weakest finger, as any piano teacher will testify. It should remind us to pray for those who are weak, in trouble or in pain. They need your prayers day and night. You cannot pray too much for them.

5. And lastly comes our
little finger the smallest finger of all which is where we should place ourselves in relation to God and others. As the Bible says, "The least shall be the greatest among you." Your pinkie should remind you to pray for yourself. By the time you have prayed for the other four groups, your own needs will be put into proper perspective and you will be able to pray for yourself more effectively.

If you decide to send this to a friend, you might brighten someone's day! Pass this on to someone special... I did.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have read that before and it makes such good sense doncha think?!!  Ahh, subject lines.  Had that problem myself sometimes.  Well, ya just have to throw something up there....sometimes just to get attention, sometimes as a reminder.  Playing with the colors and fonts and all can drive ya nutz.
Sharon – http://journals.aol.com/tpiez4me/CoastalComfort

Anonymous said...

this is a beautiful illustration

Anonymous said...

O yes Amanda--as a teacher --I can use all the prayers I can get--and I know our doctors can use lots of help too--especially doctors who have to deal with patients like us(just teasing!!!).

I liked this a lot--thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

love the poem thanks, the colors are good also in your journal.

Anonymous said...

This is a great reminder.  Thank you for sharing it in your journal.
Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/Wishingandhoping,prayingandbelieving/