Thursday, September 18, 2008

Weekley Sentence game with Val.



Hi!  Sorry I haven't posted the six letters for the "Weekly Sentence" game yet.  I will in this entry.  I have been busy.  My mom went in for emergency cervical/spine surgery this  morning at 7 AM.  I am still waiting for a phone call to hear that she is okay.  My momma has been pretty sick the past year with nausea, numbness, problems walking, well a host of ills... and they found a problem with her disk at c-3 on her spine on an MRI.  They called her Saturday morning and told her not to move or she could be paralyzed.  So it must be pretty bad.  They scheduled her first thing for surgery this morning.  Mom will be 76 this month.  Thanks for your concern and prayers.  I will be helping mom and dad when mom gets out of the hospital in a few days, so if I am not in close contact for a week or two, you guys know why.  I was going to go to Hershey with Krissy and John and walk in the Leukemia and Lymphoma Walk, but my parents need me now.  If you got an email from John or Krissy concerning the walk and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, please consider giving!  It is such a worthy cause!!  They helped save John's life!!!  Now onto the "Weekly Sentence" game!

Before I proceed with the six letters I would like to once more congratulate last week's winners, Connie of
ANYWAY... and Rosemary of InspirationI will give you guys until Saturday morning at 9 AM EDT, since I am so late posting.  So ignore the submission date in the rules.  Speaking of the rules, if you haven't read them in a long time, or never have, please do.  Have fun with the letters!

                
                

          Each Sunday I post a set of six letters.  A sentence must be
          made from these letters.  The letters today are:
  RSTHFS

          An example of a sentence could be - 
Rachael snored through
          her favorite song.
These letters MAY NOT be re-arranged.
                                        
          There is a three - five persons judge panel (of JLand bloggers)
          that chooses the best sentence (or two) submitted each week.
          How do they choose winning sentence(s)?  The sentences that
          receive the strongest reactions -  Did it make them laugh, sad,
          ponder, etc.? Was it creative?  Witty?  These are winning
          submissions.

                                                
          The winner(s) receives a logo for his/her blog sidebar with
          their screen name on it.

                                        
          Place submissions in comments section.  If you do this game as
          an entry in your blog, please come back and leave your ENTIRE

          entry URL so your entry can be judged. 
Submissions are due by

         
Thursday, 4PM EDT. The winner is announced Friday morning
          or early afternoon.

                                                
          A new set of letters is placed in my journal, There is a Season,
          every Sunday morning or early afternoon.

                                                
          If you submit more than one sentence, only your first sentence

          will be judged.

                                                
          Have fun!!


                   
This Week's Letters:
               
RSTHFS

P.S.  I just got a call from the hospital.  My mom is okay.   It was a four hour surgery.  I found out that she got a whole disk taken out.  Then they put in a metal plate in c-3 and c-4 and screws.  Wow.  She is a trooper.  She has to go to a local rehabilitation hospital to stay for awhile.  It was pretty major, but she is okay.  Thank goodness.   I have to go help my Daddy.  He is 80.   I will let you all know how it goes. 
 
Here is my letters.
Riverdale Students Think Hard For School.

Have a nice day all.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((((Hello)))))
I'm so very sorry to hear about your Mom. I'm glad she is doing well and came through ok. Pretty tought thing she has gone through. These spinal doctors today are just amazing.
I have had 2 back surgeries myself 14 years ago, but not even as serious as your Mom's. They only did micro-discectomy, which is a removal of only the part of the disc that is herniated, leaving the rest of the disc to heal. I was lucky----so very lucky. Going to the hospital for surgery I walked in the the aid of a walker, a 30 old woman using a walker. And after my surgery I left the hospital on my own two feet, no aid. I now unfortunetely have a husband with VERY debilitating spinal disorder effecting 5 discs. He is so tough. But I know one day his toughness and resolve will cripple him.
Your Mom has some recovery time and it's a process. My deepest prayers are with her and you. Hang in there and you ever need to talk, I'm right here :)

Biggest Hugs to you and all,
Gayla

Anonymous said...

I was so sorry to hear about your mother.  I will keep her in my prayers as well as your whole family.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart dear lady! I will be keeping your mother and you and your family in my prayers. I read the comment that you left Buggieboo, sharon, and wanted to visit your journal. here you are going thorough this and you reached out to encouage a friend!  I have several journals in J land. including a prayer journal. Mayeb you will find some refreshment for your soul by reading my journals. it would be a blessing and an honor for me if you did for you are a blessing too so many!  God bless and comfort you , jun

Anonymous said...

Have a good weekend.
Missie

Anonymous said...

i hope your mom has gotten a good report from the doctor! I have been concerned for you and for her since I havent heard anything lately. God Bless you both, jun

Anonymous said...

Thinking of your mom, your family, and you. Hope all is doing well. Paula